What does a successful team meeting look like?
Everyone contributes and feels involved, the conversation has a purpose and outcomes that are acted upon. Team meetings are a great way to get everyone on board, reach consensus, gather opinions, build the team, work on a problem and share information.
As there are a number of people present, this makes them challenging as group dynamics and roles that individuals in the group take on may come into play.
When preparing for a team meetings, ask yourself:
- Is a meeting the right vehicle for what I want to do?
- Have I got the right people in the room?
- What is my role in the meeting today?
- What is the outcome we want?
- How can I gain real commitment to action
You may also find these resources helpful: